The Congregation of YHWH (YAHWEH)at Milton, Florida resulted from studies with other congregations which embraced the Proper Names of our Creator and His Son.
Observance of the seventh day Sabbath and the other set-apart appointments of Yahweh were keystones of belief for these groups. The Hebrew roots of our beliefs became important to some of us because it aided in our understanding of the Hebrew scriptures and the relationship of the New Testament to the Old. Some years ago, we also thoroughly studied the calendar issue and determined that the best course to run in this regard was to abandon man-made postponements and to seek an understanding of what scripture says about the course of time. Below are listed some of the core belief of the Congregation of YHWH at Milton.
- The weekly Sabbath is to be observed on the Seventh Day.
- The annual Sabbaths and Festivals are observed according to Leviticus 23.
- The Proper Names of our Heavenly Father and His Son whom He gave as our Savior are Yahweh and Yahshua respectively.
- The Torah (the first five books of the Old Testament) is the revelation of Yahweh, Himself, to man.
- The Torah was never done away (Matthew 5:17) and is to be taught to believers today.
- Yahweh made covenants with man beginning with Noah, Abraham, Jacob and Moses which still affect man's relationship with Him.
- The calendar is based on the sun and moon and each month begins with a new moon (Chodesh) which is the conjunction.
Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, Oh Israel, Yahweh is your Elohim and Yahweh is one. You shall love Yahweh your Elohim with all your heart, with all your being and with all your resources.